TEEN MINISTRY

HELP FOR TEENS, PARENTS AND MINISTRY LEADERS

“Of 600 teens who made an abstinence pledge, 61% broke it, having intercourse within a year. Of the other 39% who hadn’t had intercourse, half admitted to engaging in oral sex.” – Shannon Ethridge, author of Every Young Woman’s Battle

“Mainstream media exposes the average teen to over 40,000 sexual images and messages each year on TV alone.”    – Parents Television Council

PURPOSE:

To help teens find freedom from unwanted sexual behavior including pornography and same sex attraction through Jesus Christ. Helping teens grow and heal at this early age can help them enter the world walking in freedom from these struggles, avoiding sexually transmitted diseases and future problems in their marriage.

METHOD:

We engage with teenagers through sharing about the effects of sexual sin on our lives. Sharing how Christ has set us free creates a safe place for young men and women to interact with us. We partner with churches and ministries as well as schools to engage with teens. We offer speaking events as well as one on one consultation. We also connect teens to small groups that will help them find freedom from unwanted sexual behavior.

HOW WE CAN HELP:

FOR PARENTS-

Invite Living Truth to present an in-home parent workshop called Equipping Our Kids

Click here to download instructions to lock down Apple devices from sexual content.

FOR SCHOOLS AND MINISTRY LEADERS-

Invite Living Truth to speak to teens, parents, and ministry leaders at your school or church.

Invite Living Truth to train ministry leaders to help teens struggling with sexual brokenness.

Host a Restore Conference in your church.

TESTIMONIALS

Being around Julee is a bit like hanging out with a kind Sherlock Holmes. I’ve greatly appreciated her perceptive wisdom, offering of being both gentle and direct, eye openers to live in both reality and hope, encouragement to grow and practice self-care, and her heart for God and people. Julee has been a reflection and conduit of God’s character and presence in the piece of my journey that holds deep pain due to my husband’s issues and overarching refusal to connect. I am grateful.

AD

They did a fantastic job and were easy to work with. Our staff were encouraged, students flocked to meet with them one-to-one. I recommend you consider inviting them to your campus.

Corey SchumacherCru Campus DirectorBall State University

I have been in Christian counseling for years. It was not until I started working with Kristin that I began to heal from my husband’s betrayal. God is using her story of pain and healing to bring hope and restoration to me and others.

Anonymous

Julee is a caring, wise mentor. I am so grateful for her kind yet challenging words to me each week. I always sense that even though we meet in a small group, she is personally invested in each one of us individually!

Marg

I expected to find help in the area of purity, but had no idea how it would effect the rest of my life. Michael has helped me dig out the root of the problem. The benefits have stretched to my marriage, my walk with Christ, & my relationship with others

Anonymous

Julee is an absolute gem. She has a caring and compassionate demeanor and she doesn’t pass judgement on any situation. She has empowered me to take care of myself and has made a huge positive impact on my journey to healing.

A.B.

I can’t thank (Kristin) enough for your help especially in the earlier days of this hell. You are truly living your gift which (to me) is love and compassion for the wounded in this pit called sexual addiction.

Anonymous

I believe that God has equipped and called Julee to minister to women wounded by the SA of our husbands. From the moment I first inquired about the support group she facilitates, she has consistently displayed her compassionate, honest wisdom in helping us face the trauma we have experienced and begin to heal. She is able to avoid becoming enmeshed in our troubles but tenderly, knowledgeably, loving walk beside us on our journeys to healing and joy.

Belinda

They spoke (to our students) powerfully from their own lives of the devastating effects of sexual brokenness & testified of the power of Christ & the gospel to redeem & restore. I give my endorsement.

Scott BerkeyCru Campus DirectorUniversity of Illinois

Kristin listened, asked questions, & helped me deal with feelings of betrayal. It’s been over a year & my husband & I are still working with Kristin & Michael. They have become a vital part of our marriage & I can’t imagine where we’d be without them.

Donna

STATISTICS

60-percent60% of pastors admit to viewing pornography in the last 30 days.

pastors.com

1-in-41 in 4 teens has an STD.

Center for Disease Control
Living Truth Copyright © 2015 All Rights Reserved.
twitter-icon
facebook-icon